DEBRA International is offering EB-research funding scheme in early 2018, the ‘All-Priorities’ Research Call.
- Improve understanding of the biology and genetics of all forms of EB, as better understanding can lead to new approaches to diagnose and treat EB
- Work towards the development of therapies (including possible gene-therapies, cell- therapies, drug therapies or protein therapies)
- Understand the nature of wound healing and the development of skin cancer in EB, and seek to develop better treatments and prevention strategies
- Support clinical care research to improve the management of EB through symptom relief
This is a one-stage process of application.
- Research proposals to be submitted via the online
- Research Proposals will be evaluated by external reviewers and members of DEBRA International’s Medical & Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP).
- Recommendations for funding made by MSAP at a grant review meeting will then be considered by DEBRA’s Boards of Trustees.
- Subject to funding availability, allocation of funds will recognize an equal prioritization of the research areas, while adhering to the core principle of funding the best research, identified by MSAP as meeting the criteria of scientific quality, feasibility and patient benefit.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of DEBRA International. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made no later than November 2018.
- Proposal must be in one of the defined priority research areas
- Duration of research to be between 6 months and 3 years
- Research funds requests would not exceed €90K per annum (funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by DEBRA to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability)
- DEBRA International welcomes proposals for co-funding with other organizations, including government, academia, industry or other charities.
|Fellowship Level||Research grants|
|Subject areas||Biology, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click