Grants for international students at the University of Hamburg
University of Hamburg is offering Degree Completion Grants for international students to study in Germany. The maximum funding period for students pursuing Diplom, Magister, Staatsexamen degrees is twelve (12) months.
The scholarship program aims to assist high achieving & highly motivated international research scholars at Hamburg University.
Conditions of Eligibility
Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- Should not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
- International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases.
Students pursuing Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
- The funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months.
- The maximum amount of funding is EUR 720 per month;
- If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested.
- The maximum funding period is 12 months.
For the relevant application periods, please use the corresponding application link and log yourself in using your STiNE ID (detailed instructions on applying online are available):
Online applications require the following documents:
- Tabular CV;
- Reason for your application;
- Tabular schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination;
- An evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis.
You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
Deadline: 1 June 2018 (for period of funding from 1 July–31 December); 1 December 2018 (for period of funding from 1 January–30 June).
|Organization||University of Hamburg|
|Fellowship Level||Diploma and degree programs|
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered|
|Eligibility||Maximum amount of funding is EUR 720 per month|
|Deadline||1st June, 1st December (yearly)|
- Name of Organisation Field Value