Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) • DAAD
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries.
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the selected countries.
Duration: 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany .
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
The Typical Scholarship Holder:
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered
Applications have only to be sent to the respective course directly! Please refer to their respective websites for the application procedure (e.g. online application), for the application deadline and the documents to be submitted.
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
|Organization||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Fellowship Level||Postgraduate, Graduates|
|Subject areas||All disciplines under the organization|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|