DFG Research Training Group “Natural Hazards and Risks in a Changing World” at the University of Potsdam offers PhD scholarships up to 3 or 4 years in Debris-flow susceptibility in Southern Germany. The project is funded by funded by the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Duration: 3 years (or up to 4 years)
- a monthly rate of 1000 Euro
- travel support and potential support for studies and research
- combined insurance (health, accident, liability)
- potential support for rent, or family allowance
- full funding for a German language course in Germany of up to 6 months, preceding the scholarship
- The selected candidate will be fully integrated in the activities and the teaching curriculum of the NatRiskChange
- Research Training Group, and enjoy the vibrant international research environment in the Institute of Earth and Environmental Science at the University of Potsdam.
- Applicant must hold excellent Master’s degree in Geophysics, Geomorphology, Geology or closely related fields
- Applicant must demonstrate background in studies of natural hazards, Earth surface processes and near-surface geophysics; programming and data processing skills; geo-scientific and geophysical fieldwork experience
- Applicant must possess good English language skills
Applications must include the following materials:
- detailed CV
- Letter of motivation
- Brief research concept (max 2 pages) for the PhD project (focussing on a plan on how to quantify the susceptibility to debris flows in small catchments with near-surface geophysics and geomorphology)
- Master and bachelor certificates including a transcript of records, an English synopsis of the Master thesis
- List of publications, oral and/or poster presentations at conferences
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Application to be sent, by e-mail, in one single PDF document (< 10 MB) to Dr. Theresia Petrow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Organization||University of Potsdam|
|Subject areas||Geophysics, Geomorphology, Geology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|