A programme initiated by the Max Planck Society, jointly managed with the National Science Centre in Poland, and mutually funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and National Science Centre Poland (NCN) open the third call for Dioscuri Centres of Scientific Excellence in Poland.
About the programme
- Dioscuri is a programme devised by MPG to support the development of lighthouses of scientific excellence in Central and Eastern Europe by promoting outstanding researchers who want to conduct their research in this region.
- The joint calls by MPG and NCN are designed to establish Centres of Scientific Excellence at Polish Host Institutions. Going beyond the scope of a project grant, a Dioscuri Centre (DC) is built around a distinguished researcher position.
- DCs are expected to conduct top-class internationally competitive and innovative research. Each of them will be funded with up to € 300,000 p.a., initially for five years.
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: Culture; Fundamental questions of human existence and the nature of reality; Human nature and human society; Individuals, institutions, markets; Norms and governance; The study of the human past
- Life Sciences: Applied life sciences and biotechnology; Biology of tissues, organs and organisms; Cellular and developmental biology; Diagnostic tools, therapies and public health; Evolutionary and environmental biology; Genetics, genomics; Human and animal immunology and infection; Human and animal non-infectious diseases; Molecular biology, structural biology, Biotechnology
- Natural Sciences and Technology: Astronomy and space research; Computer science and informatics; Condensed matter physics; Earth sciences; Fundamental constituents of matter; Materials and synthesis; Mathematics; Physical and analytical chemical sciences; Products and processes engineering; Systems and communication engineering
- Applications are open to internationally competitive and scientifically outstanding scientists who have proven their ability to conduct innovative research independently.
- Applicant must have completed their PhD no longer than 15 years prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant must have proven their international mobility over the course of their scientific career, e.g., who pursued their PhD and post-doc at different research institutions (at least one of them outside Poland).
- Applicant must have not been employed at the Host Institution on a contract of employment during the last two years prior to the application deadline.
- Only Polish research organisations and university research centres established within a single university structure are eligible as Host Institutions.
How to apply
- Apply online
|Organization||NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTRE (NCN)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences and Technology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 March 2020|