The Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC) at the University of Copenhagen is inviting applications for International Doctoral Programme ‘Discovering treatment from biomedical research’ (DISCOVER) and is offering 8 fully-funded PhD positions. The scheme is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant.
About the programme:
- DISCOVER will in total recruit 24 fellows over three calls during 2021-2023.
- The programme offers 36-months fully funded fellowships, attractive employment and salary conditions with enrolment as PhD-student at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences.
- Each PhD student will work with an original biomedical research project in one of BRIC’s laboratories.
- Clinical co-supervision and collaboration will be part of each project to develop the translational potential of the project.
- Applications are open to motivated researchers with a Master’s degree and maximum three years of experience since issuing of the degree at the time of application.
- Applicants with an MD can have up to five years of experience.
- Prolonged career breaks are taken into account upon documentation (parental leave, illness, military- or civil service). As a prerequisite for a PhD fellowship employment in Denmark, your master’s degree must be equivalent to a Danish master’s degree.
- Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, study etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Apply online (in English) and the application must include the following:
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
- Certified copy of original Master of Science diploma and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in other language than English or Danish.
- Eligibility declaration
- Documentation of English test
- List of 2-3 referees
- Documentation for career breaks (if any)
- Other relevant information for consideration
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 1, 2021|