Disease Epigenetics – Postdoc position: Research Fellow /postdoc position is available at the Laboratory of Chromatin Dynamics & Disease Epigenetics at Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology.
Work themes: Epigenetics
- To study how chromatin deficiencies underlie human diseases e.g. in cancer and developmental disorders.
- Understanding of epigenetic-based mechanisms
- Elucidate disease mechanisms
- Development of noval epigenetic-based therapeutic modalities,
- Re-engineering of cellular phenotypes through manipulation of chromatin structure
- Regenerative medicine applications.
- Use of Next-Generation Sequencing technologies
- Genome-editing tools,
- Biochemical and molecular assays,
- Stem cells and animal models.
Overview of the position:
The laboratory is looking for a highly motivated researcher with relevant hands-on-experience in developmental biology, biochemistry, or any other related fields. Candidates with prior laboratory experience in genomics, chromatin biology and/or stem cell biology will be favorable. The selected candidate will commence research related to epigenetic mechanisms in the development and disease.
- Possess a Ph.D. in relevant field from a well-recognized University.
- Good publication records in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proficiency in routine molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques (protein biochemistry, cloning, ChIP, QPCR, etc) is advantageous.
- The candidate should be highly motivated and passionate for research.
- Able to work in flexible hours
- Should be able to undertake independent research
- Aso be an effective team player.
- PhD in Life Sciences or Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
Position is available immediately.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send :
- a cover letter mentioning your research motivations,
- CV, and
- names and email addresses of 3 references
to Tee Wee Wei (firstname.lastname@example.org).