The Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD) are offering the new DLR–DAAD Research Fellowships in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. The applications are open to Non-German applicants.
About the project:
- The main aim of this PhD project is to push the boundaries on the automated analysis of humans and their behavior in airborne images and image sequences with novel computer vision methods.
- Applicant must hold Master’s or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Visual Computing or a related discipline.
- Applicant must have strong mathematical background and solid programming skills, preferably in Python or C/C++.
- Applicants with previous experience in computer vision, computer graphics, or image processing are highly desirable.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent work.
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills.
- Applicants with experience with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, etc. would hold advantage.
Starting Date: September 2018
Funding duration: 36 months
- Monthly Installment: 1,365 Euros; allowance for materials of 102 Euros
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD).|
|Subject areas||Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation|
|Fellowship amount||1,365 Euros/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
- Name of Organisation Field Value