Doctoral: Biophyscal Chemistry (disordered biomolecules)
Doctoral Student in Biophyscal Chemistry at the Institute of Biotechnology (BI), Helsinki Institute of Life Science (HiLIFE). The program is dedicated to successful development of biotechnology and integrative biology and the application of this knowledge for the benefit of society.
The research group of biophysical chemistry is inviting applications for a Ph.D. candidate who is motivated to develop and apply novel biophysical methods to study structure, dynamics, and function of disordered biomolecules.
- The candidate is expected to have a University level degree (M.Sc.) in physics, chemistry, material science, computer science, life-science.
- The candidates most suitable for the positions are expected to be enthusiastic about scientific research and should have strong communication skills (English)
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Experience in computational physics/chemistry and NMR experiments are beneficial but not required.
Laboratory Details: The work will be supervised by academy research fellow Samuli Ollila (Ph.D.). The laboratory is located in the Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki.
The group use and develop state-of-the-art classical molecular dynamics (MD) simulation methods together with NMR experiments to study disordered proteins, lipid bilayers, and lipid-protein interactions.The focus of the Ph.D. project can be in the method development or in novel biophysical applications.
- Range from 2000 to 2700 euros per month depending on the applicant’s experience and merits.
- The salary will be in accordance with demand levels 2-3 of the University salary system for teaching and research personnel.
Duration: Contract will be four years with a 6-month trial period.
Application Procedure: Enclose a CV and a short motivation letter (one page) with your application.
Please submit your application using the University Recruitment System via the link Apply for the job. Applicants who are employees of the University of Helsinki are requested to leave their application via the SAP HR portal.
Starting date: Starting time will be as soon as possible, but not later than January 2019.
Further information: samuli.ollila(at)helsinki.fi
Deadline: 26.10.2018 23:59 EEST
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Fellowship Level||PHD / Researcher|
|Subject Areas||Life sciences|
|Fellowship Amount||Between about 3 100–3 600 €|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|