, has a vacancy (100% position) as PhD candidate within the field of power system operation and analysis.
- The described position is part of a strategic collaboration between NTNU, DTU and SINTEF Energy Research on offshore wind energy.
- The prospective candidate will work in the research group Power System Operation and Analysis (PSOA).
- The objective of the PhD education is to qualify for scientific research of high international standard.
- The most important component of the PhD education is an independent scientific research project carried out under academic supervision, which results in the PhD thesis. The PhD degree is conferred based on these two elements and the doctoral examination, which consists of a trial lecture and a public defence of the scientific thesis.
- The candidate is expected to fully complete the course work and the PhD thesis within the period of employment, which could be 3 or 4 years.
- The doctoral examination may take place after the period of employment. The option of 4-year employment would imply 1 year of duties as teaching Assistant for the Department and may be offered to a candidate with clear motivation and ability for such work, if the Department sees the need.
- This will be clarified during and after any interview.
- The qualification requirement is completion of a master’s degree with strong academic background with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale.
- Applicants must hold a MSc degree (or equivalent) within electric power engineering, preferably with experience on power electronic converter and/or electrical machines modelling and control.
- Alternatively, the applicant must hold a MSc degree within control engineering, preferably with experience in the fields of robust, adaptive or nonlinear control methods—e.g.: passivity. Experience within both two fields of study is highly appreciated.
- Furthermore, lab experience (either through the study program or through relevant work) and the ability to perform experiments in a safe and systematic manner is appreciated as well.
- The applicants must be able to work independently, but also to collaborate with the other project participants and other colleagues at the department.
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted electronically through this page (http://www.jobbnorge.no).
The main supervisor of the PhD candidate will be Associate Professor Gilbert Bergna-Diaz .
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Type of position||Doctoral position|
|Subject areas||Electric Power Engineering, power electronic converter, electrical machines,|