Doctoral Student in Food Materials Science (Food sciences/Engineering, Colloidal sciences, Physical chemistry) at the Food Materials Science research group of University of Helsinki, led by Associate Professor Kirsi Mikkonen.
Research Area: The position is for a fixed-term 3-year contract (fourth year salary to be applied elsewhere) to work in a project entitled “Functional oleogels for body weight control (iOLEO)”. The project focuses on the development of a novel type of oleogels with tailored digestibility that will help address the current global burden of obesity.
Requirements / Qualifications
- MSc degree in food sciences/engineering, colloidal sciences, physical chemistry, or other related fields.
- To be able to contribute to research on oleogels, emulsions, student supervision, and education on food sciences.
- Knowledge of physicochemical methods to characterize oleogels and emulsions, and in-vitro digestion analysis is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
- A successful candidate should be able to:
Identify, design, conduct, and report research on oleogel, emulsions, and encapsulation from physical, technological, and physiological perspectives.
• Contribute to proposal writing for further research funding.
• Contribute to master student supervision and teaching of food science.
Fellowship: 2200–2300 euros/month, depending on the appointees’ qualifications and experience.
The attachment required for the application include (in a single pdf-file):
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation for the research work and a short research plan (e.g. approach, research materials and methods) (up to 3 pages)
- Updated Curriculum vitae (CV) showing the applicant’s education, completed qualifications, work experience, possible list of publications and contact information of 2 persons for references (up to 3 pages)
- Copies of Master’s, and Bachelor’s degree certificates and official transcripts of the records, and their translations, if the originals are not in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Please submit your application through the University Recruitment System (See the link at the end of the post).
Deadline: 3 January 2021
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Food sciences/Engineering, Colloidal sciences, Physical chemistry|
|Eligibility||Master in relevant subject|
|Deadline||3 January 2021|