Doctoral student in Polymeric Materials at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Third-cycle subject: Polymer Science
Supervision: Prof Mikael Hedenqvist
This project will focus on a rapid foam extrusion and a fast batch-process. With previous life-cycle analyses, determined material properties and a close dialogue with societal institutions and industry it is evident that these foams are a good alternative as e.g. cushioning material in packaging and in thermal (e.g. buildings/home appliances) and acoustic insulations. The project is funded by Formas, a government research council for sustainable development.
Qualifications / Eligibility
The applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
- language requirements (if any)
- Experience with materials science or polymer technology/science education or similar. Persons with protein knowledge can also apply.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV (your relevant professional experience and knowledge).
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum two pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions and certificates of fulfilled language requirements.
- These need to be translated into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports.
- For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
|Organization||KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm|
|Subject areas||Materials Science or Polymer Technology, Science Education|
|Salary||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Master degree in relevant subject|