DSF’s Research / Postdoc Grant Program: DSF (Dravet Syndrome Foundation) grants offers funding for research directly related to Dravet syndrome and its associated disorders.
- This grant program fund initial research hypotheses that have not been fully explored.
- The results extracted from this type of research will help bring untested research to the point that it can qualify for larger governmental funding.
- Research applications are judged principally on novelty of the hypotheses, innovative approaches, scientific quality, strength of approach.
- Research Grant Awardees are required to give updates on their work throughout the grant cycle and present their findings at our annual Research Roundtable meeting.
GRANTS: Up to $150,000 for a 02-year project
- Research directly relevant to Dravet syndrome or related epilepsies
- Affiliated with an academic or research institution
- Hold a PHD degree
Research Grant Application Guidelines
Applications which do not include the following materials and meet the specified page limitations will be returned unprocessed, or will be deferred until a subsequent granting cycle:
- Scientific Abstract and Lay abstract – 1 page or less
- Budget Page
- Budget Justification Page
- Hypothesis and Specific Aims – 1 page
- Research Design – 4 pages, including background, preliminary data, experimental plan and methods
- A statement on how the research will advance the understanding, treatment or care of people with Dravet syndrome or related epilepsies – ½ page
- Citations – no limit
|Organization||Dravet Syndrome Foundation (DSF)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc or Research grants|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences / Medicine|
|Fellowship amount||Up to $150,000 for a 02-year project|