The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India and Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) have an Indo-Russian Joint Research Grant program.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) was established in May 1971 to promote new areas of science and technology. It is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. Its role is to act as a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting Scientific and Technological activities in the country.
The DST and RFBR are now accepting proposals for it from candidates who want to pursue research in the areas of basic sciences.
The aim of the grant is to support Russian and Indian researchers and scientists for Joint Research Project in the areas of basic sciences under DST-RFBR cooperation.
Scholarship Location: India and Russia
Nationality: Indian and Russian applicants can apply
Number of Scholarships: not given
Level of study: scientists / researchers
Subject Areas: the grant is being provided in the following areas of basic sciences:
- Mechanics and Informatics
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biology and Medical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Fundamental of Engineering Sciences
Scholarship Award Details:
Under the MoU signed between DST and RFBR, each project will receive annual funding of up to an equivalent of US $ 20,000 which roughly amounts to Rupees 1,200,000/-from DST to the Indian partner and up to Rbls. 600,000/- from RFBR to the Russian partner.
- The applicant must be a scientist or researcher
For selection of proposals:
- The proposal will be judged on the basis of its scientific merit of the collaborative research proposal.
- The collaborative proposal will also be considered on the basis of its potential of the anticipated outcomes which in turn should advance the knowledge base of the discipline as well as the likely impact of the proposed research.
- In relation to Bilateral Workshop proposals, the potential of the Bilateral Workshop to generate collaborative research projects of sufficient merit to access support through competitive rounds of the DST-RFBR Cooperation.
- The scientific excellence of the projects
- Mutual advancement of research through the transfer of knowledge and expertise
- Participation of young researchers
- The ability of the teams to successfully complete the project
- All applications received within the deadline will undergo a peer review process and then be referred to an independent advisory panel for consideration and ranking.
- In order to be considered for funding the applications must attain a positive rating.
- Joint selection of successful applications by DST and RFBR will be discussed by the respective nodal agencies and informed by the rankings.
- Decisions on the selection will be taken by the DST-RFBR Joint Committee and will be final.
How to Apply: Application can be done via email
- Indian applicants should submit completed application form and all required documents clearly labeled in a single email to reach by 5 pm on 28th December 2017.
- An email acknowledging receipt of the application will be provided to the applicant within 7 working days.
- The applicants must send 8 hard copies to DST by 4thJanuary 2018.
- It should be made sure that application with the identical title has been submitted by his / her Russian counterpart scientist with RFBR by the due date.
|DST and RFBR
|India and Russia
|Science and Technology
|Open to Indian as well as Russian candidates
|15 March 2019