Dynamic Cell Biology (Wellcome Trust), Faculty of Biomedical Sciences invites applications for Four years full-time PhD Program. Number of vacancies available is 5-6. This program is fully funded by Wellcome Trust.
Dynamic Cell Biology program brings jointly the skills and expertise of several globally recognized molecular cell biologists, who provide guidance in the widest range of cell biology topics and techniques.
Fees structure for 2016/17
Full time fees: UK/EU: £4,145
Fees quoted are conditional, per annum and can be subjected to annual increase.
Funding: This program is fully financed by the Wellcome Trust. It covers:
- PhD program fees at UK/EU student rate
- Research expenses
- Stipend for living expenses
- Contribution towards travel
- Contribution towards handy skills training
About the Program:
In First year students will have opportunity to study a wide range of research topics, with different guides and will undertake three 10-week laboratory-based research projects. First rotation- cellular lab, second rotation- molecular lab, third rotation -disease/model organism lab. Students will have to make write ups, posters and presentations on the three rotation projects.
In Second to fourth year, students will join a single lab for the remaining years of PhD. Sometimes there will be collective projects between two labs and in these cases there will be joint supervision.
- First class or upper second class undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in a Biomedical Science or a relevant theoretical discipline.
- Group is looking for talented and motivated. Willing to take up the many variety of challenges in cell biology and who are ready to learn new disciplines and working across different fields.
|Organization||University of Bristol|
|Subject areas||Biomedical Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for EU/non EU students|
|Start Date||September 2016|
For Further Details: Click