East-West Center-Graduate Degree Fellowship: East-West Center-Graduate Degree Fellowship
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship is open for individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below:
- United States
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Pacific Region: Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Federated States of Micronesia, French Polynesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Kiribati, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
- South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
Eligibility Criteria: Before the start of the award-
The applicants for graduate programs must have
- Obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
How to apply:
- East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships support graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center.
- Application to both the University of Hawai‘i and East-West Center may be done simultaneously by submitting both applications and all supporting documents directly to the East-West Center. It is not necessary to obtain admission to a field of graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i before applying to the East-West Center.
Links to Application Forms:
Download application materials for the Graduate Degree Fellowship from the East-West Center website using the links provided here.
To download the application documents, click below:
- Application Instructions & Form
- Application Checklist
- Application Guide
- Essay Questions & Instructions
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions
- Verification of Funds for Additional Expenses Form
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions
To download only the forms (including the application form, letters of reference, and verification of funds form) as a separate PDF file, click below:
- GDF Application Forms(all)
If the applicant is unable to download application materials from the website, or unable to use these PDF files and wish to request a DOC version, the request must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UH Graduate Degree Application Documents
The following documents are to be submitted with the East-West Center GDF application forms; see the UHM Office of Graduate Education website for these and other forms.
- UHM Notice to Applicants
- UHM Graduate Admissions Application Instructions
- UHM Graduate Admissions Application Form (includes the UHM Credit Card Payment Form for those applying for independent consideration)
- UHM Statement of Objectives Form
Contact the appropriate University of Hawai‘i academic program and to find out what is needed to gain admission to that program and download required departmental application forms. More detailed information regarding program-specific forms can be found at individual UHM department websites.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for study beginning in the academic year is December 1st.
|Organization||University of Hawai‘i and East-West Center|
|Fellowship Level||Graduate degree|
|Subject Areas||Not mentioned|
|Fellowship Amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||As listed above|