EMBO Long-Term postdoctoral fellowships in Germany: The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process.
Key subject areas: the fellowships are offered in the following areas
- Cell Cycle,
- Cell & Tissue Architecture,
- Cellular Metabolism,
- Chromatin & Transcription,
- Differentiation & Death,
- Evolution & Ecology,
- Genome Stability & Dynamics,
- Genomic & Computational Biology,
- Membranes & Transport,
- Microbiology, Virology & Pathogens,
- Molecular Medicine,
- Plant Biology,
- Proteins & Biochemistry,
- Signal Transduction,
- Structural Biology & Biophysics,
- Systems Biology
Main eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD degree at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they passed their PhD exam in the two years prior to the respective application deadline
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in press or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in guidelines).
- Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
- Applications for a Long-Term Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain his or her PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s PhD supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
- Reapplication is permissible only once.
Application Procedure and Key dates
- Applications and supporting documentation (two references, receiving institute acceptance) are only accepted via the online application system.
- Please read the helpful notes for applicants, the FAQs and the Long-Term Fellowships guidelines before applying. Please also see the preview of the online application form.
Visit, parcel or courier address
69117 Heidelberg, Germany
69012 Heidelberg, Germany
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|
- Total Jobs 32 Jobs
- Address Germany