Engineer in Computational Neuroscience or Neural Data Analyst
Engineer in Computational Neuroscience or Neural Data Analyst post is vacant at the University of Amsterdam. The position is associated with the Cognitive & Systems Neuroscience group.
About the Job:
- Provide support to ongoing PhD and postdoc projects in the group; providing and developing advanced data analysis methods (mainly programmed in Matlab).
- Develop novel tools and models to computationally analyze problems of representation, multisensory integration and consciousness.
- Provide and apply web-based tools, support data exchange with collaborating labs, and support education and management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s or Engineering degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, mathematics or physics or in neuroscience combined with a strong computational background.
- The candidate must have strong programming skills (MATLAB or related) and proficiency in methods for neural data analysis, neuro-informatics and web-based tools.
- Demonstrable affinity with computational, cognitive and systems neuroscience is an important asset for this position.
- Experience in supporting management, education and experimental neuroscience is preferred.
- Applications may only be submitted by email and should be sent to: email@example.com
- To enable us to process your application immediately, please quote the vacancy number 16-203 and the position you are applying for in the subject-line.
- Applications must include CV, list of publications, letter of motivation and the names and contact details of two previous employers and/or supervisors.
- Combine all documents in one single attachment and also mention the months (not just years) in your CV when referring to your education and work experience.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam|
Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Neuroscience
|Fellowship amount||€2,532 to €4,653/month|
|Deadline||10 June 2016|
Enquiries:Prof. Cyriel M.A. Pennartz
For Further Details: Click