Applications are invited for a laboratory manager for an ultrafast laser facility in the Department of Chemistry at University College London, run under the direction of Professor Helen Fielding.
About the position:
- The post holder will be responsible for managing a new ultrafast laser facility.
- The facility will provide light pulses from the infrared to the vacuum ultraviolet for time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy in molecular and ion beams, liquid-microjets and on surfaces, complemented by femtosecond transient absorption spectroscopy, femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy and multi-photon microscopy.
- The position is funded by an EPSRC grant, and the appointment will be for 24 months, initially. The appointment at Grade 7, spine point 32 (£38,993 including London Allowance) reflects our expectation that the candidate will have substantial experience in operating and maintaining ultrafast laser systems.
- The successful applicant will have a degree in Chemistry, Physics or related subject and substantial postdoctoral experience in ultrafast laser spectroscopy, experience running and trouble-shooting complex instrumentation and experience of the day-to-day supervision of research students working on laser spectroscopy experiments.
- They will have a good publication track record, a demonstrated commitment to excellence, and excellent instrumental skills.
- They will be required to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment and have effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
How can apply:
- A Job Description and Person Specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
- To apply for the vacancy please click on the link ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Job Description & Person Specification
- Informal enquiries should be addressed to Professor Helen Fielding (email@example.com).
- Any queries on the application process can be directed to Judith James – firstname.lastname@example.org, as we wish to encourage online applications.
|Organization||Department of Chemistry at University College London|
|Type of position||Technical|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, physics|
|Deadline||August 31, 2020|