Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences is recruiting a person for an engineering position in the Thematic Core Service Anthropogenic Hazards Team (TCS AH Team) in Krakow.
- The TCS AH Team of Institute of Geophysics leads the integration and making available through the IS-EPOS digital platform (tcs.ah-epos.eu/) of world research infrastructures (data and software) of anthropogenic seismicity and anthropogenic hazards under the European Plate Observing System (EPOS) program.
- The successful applicant will lead a group dealing with the maintenance and development of the services of the IS-EPOS digital platform and the maintenance and development of the resources of the data node ‘Centre for Induced Seismicity Research Infrastructure – CIBIS’ of the Institute of Geophysics.
- The applicant will also take part in fieldwork related to the maintenance of the seismological monitoring network of the Department of Seismology.
- Master Degree in Geophysics, or similar
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written
- Ease of remote contact (teleconferences, e-mailing) in English
- Willingness to participate in business travels, project meetings, conferences etc.
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python) and knowledge of scripting languages (bash/shell/awk)
- International work experience will be an advantage
- Experience in research data structures and data management will be an advantage
How to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Documents confirming education
- Recommendations and other documents which are vital to the case (at the discretion of the candidate).
- Please send your application documents: email@example.com
|Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
|Type of position
|Geophysics, engineering and Seismology