The Harvard University Center for the Environment has started the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems.
Duration: 02 years
Award value: Salary $68,000 per year, employee health insurance eligibility, and a $2,500 allowance for travel and other professional expenses.
Number of places: approximately six fellowships for 2019 cohort
- The Program is open to anyone with a doctorate or comparable terminal degree awarded between May 2015 and August 2019.
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline.
- Applicants without a PhD may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree.
- All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates who received terminal degrees from Harvard, and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship provided their research and host arrangements take them in new directions that are significantly distinct from their Ph.D. research and forge new connections within the University.
- Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or lab groups with whom they are currently associated.
- No candidate should propose to work extensively with his or her thesis advisor.
- Each candidate must secure a commitment from one or more Harvard faculty members to serve as a mentor and to provide office or lab space for the two-year fellowship.
- Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships with proficiency in English.
- Complete the online application form and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- CV including list of publications
- Detailed research proposal where applicants should explain their specific reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship (maximum of five pages, references counted separately).
- up to three publications/writing samples
- 03 letters of reference, including one from the applicant’s dissertation adviser
- A letter of support is also required from the applicant’s host committing to serve as a mentor and explaining his or her commitment to the proposed research, including the provision of office or lab space.
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$68,000 per year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|