Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) offers the International Summer Research Program (SRP) in Life Sciences and Technology.
Number of places: 25 undergraduate students
Duration: July 8th to August 29th 2019
Research institutes involved are:
- Brain Mind Instutute (BMI)
- Institute of Bioengineering (IBI)
- Global Health Institute (GHI)
- Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research (ISREC)
About the programme:
- Two months of lab work (40 hours/week)
- Friday Seminars/workshops
- Closing Student Symposium
- Social Events
- Applicant must be enrolled/registered in a degree program in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantiative biology, genetics courses or a similar life sciences program
- Applicant must have basic Life Sciences background. Applicant with the previous lab experience would have advantage.
- Applicant must have GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 (5.25/6) grade or higher and should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework by the summer of 2017.
- Applicants who are first year master’s students are also eligible.
- Applicant can be of any nationality but Swiss students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must make sure that they have a valid health, accident and theft insurance.
- The working language is English.
- A financial payment for living and housing expenses will be provided for all successful candidates.
- travel expenses are covered by program sponsors and the School of Life Sciences
- up to 1,000 CHF for overseas travel and up to 500 CHF for European travel is covered
- accommodation is provided in the Lausanne area for the duration of the program
- Apply online.
- Along with the application form, following documents are required: student’s academic record, letter of motivation and letters of recommendation.
- The application must be complete INCLUDING reference letters by midnight CET on January 31st.
|Organization||École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biology, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Engineering, Bio-Informatics, Quantiative Biology, Genetics|
|Fellowship amount||Stipend with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
- Total Jobs 27 Jobs
- Address Switzerland