The “ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships Program” supports incoming fellowships for postdoctoral researchers at the ETH Zurich.
Applications have to be made jointly by the candidate and their host who must be an ETH Zurich Professor and who will act as a mentor of the fellow.
Key Facts / Information:
- The duration of an ETH Fellowship is two years and cannot be prolonged.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree within two years of the submission deadline from an institution other than the ETH Zurich or the University of Zurich.
- At the time of the relevant submission deadline, researchers must also not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) at either of the two institutions for more than six months prior to the reference date.
- The applicants need to have at least onescientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have been awarded a prize for their PhD thesis. Applications not complying with the eligibility criteria will be rejected on formal grounds.
Applications should be submitted electronically using the dedicated online system.
Further Information on the submission procedure is provided in the detailed submission instructions (PDF, 309 KB) and on the ETH Fellows Help Page.
The evaluation consists of two steps. In a first step, the submitted application will be evaluated by peer review. In a second step, the best candidates will be invited to an interview with the Research Commission of the ETH Zurich.
The interview will take place at the ETH Zurich and lasts 15 minutes. Candidates are requested to be available on all the dates indicated below for a given submission deadline until they have been assigned a specific interview date; preferences for a specific date cannot be considered.
Within six to eight weeks of the submission deadline, the candidates will be informed whether they are invited to an interview. Applicants who have passed the first evaluation step will be informed within approx. 4 months of the submission deadline, if their application for an ETH Postdoctoral Fellowship has been successful or not.
For further information on the ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship program contact email@example.com. Before contacting us with questions, please carefully read the documents provided on this website, especially the Guidelines for ETH Fellowships, the FAQ and the Detailed submission instructions.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under the grant agreement 246543 (2011-2016), and under the grant agreement 608881 (2015-2019).
|Subject areas||all subjects offered by the Center|
|Deadline|| March 1 and September 1 (yearly)
1 March 2020, 23:59 CET
1 September 2020, 23:59 CET
- Name of Organisation Field Value