EU- India Social Sciences and Humanities Platform (EqUIP) invites applications for collaborative research on sustainability, equity, wellbeing and cultural connections. EqUIP announces its first research funding call.
- The aim is to bring together a number of social science and humanities funders in India and Europe to support excellent and innovative research on sustainability, equity, well-being and cultural connections.
- The emphasis of the research will be on Indian and European dimensions, in both contemporary and historical contexts.
- Researchers from India, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom are invited to apply.
- Each proposal under this call will require the building of consortia of three or more research groups based in three or more different countries participating in the call and be eligible for the funding from their national funding agencies.
- Every proposal must involve representation from India eligible for funding by the participating Indian funding agencies.
Funding cost: €5.5 million (six projects will be funded).
Duration: maximum of 36 months
Start Date: 1 January 2019
- The call is open to applications from eligible research teams irrespective of individual nationalities, eligible for funding from funders of this call.
- Applicants may only appear on ONE application only (whether as an overall project principal investigator/project coordinator, principal investigator for a national research team, or research team member).
- Every team must involve at least one research team from India, eligible for funding by the participating Indian funding agencies, one of which has to be ICSSR, and at least two eligible research teams from different participating European countries.
- It’s a single-stage call.
- Full proposals are to be made to the ESRC via the Research Council Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) System
- Only one application form per proposal may be submitted and should include all supporting documents as requested below.
- Je-S Application Form (must be based on the template)
- Case for support (10 pages max)
- Project Management Plan (2 pages max)
- Project costs form
- Justification of resources (max 01 page)
- Pathways to Impact (max 2 pages)
- Data Management Plan (max 2 pages), only when new data are planned to be generated as part of the research project.
- CV (2 pages max for each named researcher)
|Organization||EU- India Platform for the Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Country||India, European countries|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
Open to researchers from India, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland, UK
|Deadline||30 November 2017|