The Department of Biological Sciences at Simon Fraser University invites applications for a continuing teaching faculty appointment at the rank of Lecturer.
About the position:
- The successful applicant will be a dedicated and innovative teacher, responsible for instructing courses in genetics and microbiology.
- Candidate must have the ability to instruct both lecture and laboratory courses, across all years, using modern, evidence-based teaching approaches.
- All lecturers in the department also contribute to our first-year laboratory courses (for majors and non-majors), and there may be opportunities to develop and teach additional courses, depending on personal interest and departmental needs.
- Excellent communication and relevant laboratory skills are essential.
- Leadership in curriculum development, training and supervision of teaching assistants, and contributions to department and university service are expected.
- Applicants should be collaborative and able to work well in a team that includes other faculty members, graduate student teaching assistants, and technical support staff.
- Anticipated starting date is September 1, 2020.
Study areas: Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology
- Applicant must hold minimum qualifications which include a Master’s degree in a relevant area of biological sciences, plus teaching experience in post-secondary biology courses.
- Preferred qualifications include experience as a lecturer and/or lab instructor (with primary responsibility for instruction) in a breadth of biology courses, with a focus on microbiology and genetics.
- Applicants with demonstrated qualifications and past success in finding innovative solutions to challenges in teaching, course design, and curriculum development will be strongly preferred.
- Application to be submitted in a single PDF to Dr. Isabelle Côté, Chair, Department of Biological Sciences, via an online application form including: Cover letter
- CV including teaching experience
- Statement of teaching approach and accomplishments (one-page)
- Selected candidates will be asked to submit a teaching dossier including evidence of teaching effectiveness and innovation
- 03 letters of recommendation
|Organization||Simon Fraser University|
|Subject areas||Genetics, Microbiology, Biological Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25 March 2020|