Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy is the Leader and Innovator of tomorrow in the field of Petroleum Technology and Energy covering the entire hydrocarbon value chain. IIPE at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, is granted by Govt of India to start its admissions from the academic year 2016-17.
IIPE invites application from Indian nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) , possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development for IIPE.
Selection criteria for faculty
Asst Professors (on Contract Basis)
Qualification: (i) PhD with minimum of 2 years Teaching / Research experience in Chemical Engineering / Electrical Engineering/ Petroleum Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Polymer Science/ Material Science/ English/ Biology/ Geology /Geophysics/ Computer Science
Criteria: (i) Age under 35 years (preferable) (ii) 2 years Teaching / Research experience in reputed institution/ National Laboratories (iii) Minimum 3 international journal publications in SCI/SCIE journals with Impact Factor (iv) Rules can be relaxed for exceptional candidates (v) Candidates from industries with proven track records may also be considered (vi) Emoluments consist of a consolidated pay of Rs.65,000/-per month, However in case of deserving candidates negotiable.
Contractual Faculty/ Visiting Faculty (i) PhD with minimum 10 years Teaching / Research experience in Chemical Engineering / Petroleum Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Polymer Science/ Material Science/ English/ Biology/ Geology/ Geophysics/ Computer Science (ii) Age upto 69 yrs will be considered for contractual faculty (iii) Minimum 10 years Teaching/ Research experience in reputed institutions (iv) Good international journal publication record (v) Rules can be relaxed for exceptional candidates (vi) Candidates from industries with proven track records may also be considered (vii) Contracts are renewable every 2 years (viii) Emoluments in case of retired faculty members are one lakh rupees per month. Depending on the eligibility and experience, designation and remuneration will be fixed.
- Last Date for receiving the Applications: The candidates interested have to submit the applications in the format mentioned on this site to the email address email@example.com
- Institute reserves the rights to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- It should be noted that the mere possession of minimum qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
The institute may restrict the number of such candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience, which may be higher than the essential qualifications prescribed here in above.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation at entry level will be applicable as per Government of India norms.
- The selection committee at its discretion may relax the minimum requirements in case of outstanding candidates for each of the posts advertised.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications through proper channel else they will be required to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer at the time of interview.
- Candidates in India, if invited, have to personally appear for interview, while those abroad may be interviewed by audio/video link. Candidates invited for interview shall be provided Economy Class air ticket within India from place of duty/residence or the nearest airport to city of interview and back by the shortest route.
Boarding and lodging will be provided by the institute. Academic reimbursements and other incentives for the contractual faculty 1.An amount of Rs 50,000/- is given to a faculty member for attending conferences abroad who is a Principal Investigator of a Sponsored Project amounting to at least Rs 15 Lakhs and has at least three Published Papers in referred journals in the preceding three years.