Faculty positions National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)
National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) invites applications for various faculty positions from qualified, dynamic and result-oriented scientists to carry out research in advanced areas of neuroscience.
Designation: Scientist III/ Assistant Professor, Level-11, 1 SC, 2 OBC, 1 UR, Age: Not exceeding 40 years (Relaxable as per instructions/ orders of the Central Govt.), Prescribed Educational Qualifications/ minimum experience/ competency
Ph.D./ equivalent degree in Engineering/ post graduate medical qualification-MD or equivalent with original high quality research work as evidenced by publications or publications & patents, with 3 years of post-qualification experience in Neuroscience or related fields.
- Candidates should have a proven record of scientific accomplishment in the form of recent peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals of international repute, and experience as per the requirements of the position.
- Current research at the Centre encompasses molecular, systems, cognitive, computational, and imaging aspects of basic and translational neurosciences.
- Candidates with research focus in these and other multidisciplinary areas that the Centre will like to develop such as – brain inspired artificial intelligence, malnutrition and the brain, brain-microbiome axis, biology of human mental illnesses, understanding sensory and cognitive process by live brain imaging, development of novel tools for neuroscience research, and neurotechnology are encouraged to apply.
- The Centre encourages collaborations and has close ties with many National Research Centres and Universities, and leading hospitals of the region. For more information about the Centre visit the centre website.
The selected candidates will be provided shared laboratory space and adequate start-up funds. However, the faculty is expected to raise extramural grants to build and support their research programs.
The faculty is also required to teach and participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per requirements.
- Application Fee (non-refundable) Rs. 500/- for General, Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/OBC/Women Candidates, US$ 30 for Unreserved candidates from abroad with OCI status and US$20 for SC/ST/OBC/Women Candidates from abroad with OCI status has to be paid online and the receipt shall be attached with application. The bank details are as follows:-
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
|INSTITUTION ACCOUNT NAME||National Brain Research Centre|
|BANK NAME (in full)||Axis Bank Ltd.|
Deadline: For consideration in the current round of selection, the last date will be 24th April, 2020.
Shown above are the immediately available positions. The number of positions filled shall be based on the availability of suitable candidates, and the requirement and ability of the Centre to support their laboratory set up.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the complete application as per the prescribed format along with their bio-data containing details of qualifications, positions held, professional experience/distinctions, copies of notable publications and personal details like date of birth, citizen ship status etc (preferably in a single PDF file), with names and e-mail addresses of at least five potential referees along with self-attested copies of certificate and application fee (as prescribed below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should also be accompanied by a three to four page note on the proposed research programme. If the candidate is unwilling or unable to send the application through email can send in the prescribed application format along with the documents to The Director, National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar 122052, Gurgaon, Haryana.