The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), an Autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, invites online applications for Fellow-E (Scientist-D) to work in the field of Environmental Health and Safety at Bangalore Life Science Cluster on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/ Absorption.
- Develops, reviews and revises written safety related plans according to regulatory guidelines to International Standards and ensure compliance with National Guidelines. Communicates plans to campus constituents and monitors progress of plans, reporting compliance annually.
- Organize and arrange meetings of institutional Statutory Committees that regulate work on campus including the Institutional Biosafety Committee, Institutional Human Ethics Committee, and coordinate with the Stem Cell Facility for the Institutional Stem Cell Committee and the Animal Facility for the Animal Ethics Committee meetings
- Responsible for the campus environment of care standards for all specialist facilities. Certification and safety compliance of the institutes’ dedicated BSL-2/+ and BSL-3 (clean rooms; pathogen labs; insectary; green-houses) laboratories.
- Works with the Lab Support office to direct campus hazardous, medical and universal waste disposition in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Responds to hazardous waste spills and incidents and takes appropriate action. Monitors completion of manifests and required reporting.
- Advise and/or consult on compliance pertaining to environmental health and safety laws, regulations, and performance standards.
- Maintain appropriate records, and reviews environmental health/safety and emergency trends.
- Masters in Life Sciences/Medicine or equivalent, with 5 years’ experience.
- PhD in Life Sciences or other Allied Sciences.
- Should be an outstanding scientist with a strong and exceptional research record and intentions of collaborative/ thematic research.
- Should have a strong research record with promise to contribute to the focused research themes at the institute and/or carry out their own discovery driven
Experience for Deputation:
- Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research Institutes Autonomous Bodies etc.
- Holding analogous post on regular basis in parent Department or
- With 4 years’ service in Level- 11 or equivalent in the parent cadre/ Department and possess the essential qualification & experience as mentioned above.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- Not exceeding 45 years for Direct Recruitment/Not exceeding 50 years for Deputation
- Candidate must be citizen of India/NRI/OCI/PIO.
How to apply:
- Apply online via the application portal
|Organization||Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to citizen of India/NRI/OCI/PIO|
|Deadline||31 January 2021|