The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India is offering Fellowship in Genetic Diagnostics with an aim to expand National Inherited Disorders Administration Kendras (NIDAN Kendras) to provide comprehensive clinical care including diagnosis, management, multidisciplinary care, counseling, prenatal testing at Government Hospitals/ Medical Colleges.
About the fellowship:
- This is a 6 month ‘Fellowship in Genetic Diagnostics’ for Faculty/ Clinicians only from Government Medical Colleges and Hospitals.
- Four trainees in a year (in two batches) will be taken by each center.
- The program will provide training in cytogenetic and molecular genetic techniques along with the understanding about their applications in patient care.
- The fellowship will provide an opportunity to get training in the exciting field of genetics as applied for patient care.
- The faculty members trained under this program will be eligible to apply for DBT grant for Establishment of National Inherited Disorders Administration Kendras (NIDAN Kendras) at their respective institutes/colleges/hospitals after successful completion of their training.
- Post-graduate degree (MD/MS/DNB) in Pediatrics, Medicine or Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Laboratory Hematology, Laboratory Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology, Dermatology, Hematology, Radiotherapy, Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, Oncology or any other clinical / paraclinical specialty/Superspecialty and holding regular position in Government medical college/hospital.
- Applicant should not apply to more than two centers at a time.
Fellowship Award: The trainee/clinicians from outstation institutes will be paid a displacement allowance of Rs30, 000 per month.
Fellowship Schedule: 1st April 2020 to 30th September 2020
How to Apply:
- Application form (in the given format) along with self-attested photocopies of degree certificates, MCI registration certificate and experience certificates should be sent to the following address.
- The application should be forwarded by the head (Director / Principal) of the institute.
- Soft copy of the application is to be sent by email to the training coordinator of the concerned centre (s) and it should be followed by duly forwarded hard copy of the application along with copies of necessary certificates.
|Organization||Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India|
Pediatrics, Medicine or Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Laboratory Hematology, Laboratory Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology, Dermatology, Hematology, Radiotherapy, Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, Oncology
|Fellowship amount||Rs 30, 000 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||10th February 2020|