Alto University and University of Helsinki, the two foremost universities in Finland in Computer Science and Information Technology (IT), are currently looking for several Postdoctoral Researchers or Research Fellows in ICT.
Following are the topics in which positions are available:
- HIIT Research Programme on Computational Inference, Professors Samuel Kaski, Jukka Corander, Petri Myllymäki, Antti Oulasvirta, Matti Pirinen, Aki Vehtari
- HIIT Research Programme on Foundations of Computational Health, Professors Juho Rousu, Veli Mäkinen, Tero Aittokallio, Aristides Gionis, Keijo Heljanko, Jari Saramäki
- HIIT Research Programme on Building Trust in Secure Computing Systems (BURST),Professors Tuomas Aura, N. Asokan, Valtteri Niemi, Stavros Tripakis, Sasu Tarkoma
- HIIT Research Programme on Augmented Research (AR), Professors Giulio Jacucci, Samuel Kaski, Petri Myllymäki, Aristides Gionis, Sasu Tarkoma, Niklas Ravaja
- Information Retrieval, Human-Computer Interaction HCI, Machine Learning, Professor Giulio Jacucci
- Adaptive and immersive environments for augmented social interaction, Professor Giulio Jacucci
- Complex Systems Computation, Professor Petri Myllymäki
- Internet of Things, Professor Mario Di Francesco
- Creative software: automated text generation, adaptive software architectures, Professors Hannu Toivonen, Tomi Männistö
- Machine Learning and Adaptive User Interfaces, Professors Antti Oulasvirta, Jukka Corander, Samuel Kaski
- Probabilistic Machine Learning, Professor Samuel Kaski
- Probabilistic machine learning for precision medicine and data-driven healthcare, Professor Samuel Kaski
- Machine learning for high-dimensional and structured data, Professors Hiroshi Mamitsuka, Samuel Kaski
- Solver technology for answer-set programming, Professor Ilkka Niemelä, Tomi Janhunen
- High-throughput bioinformatics and regulatory genomics, Professor Harri Lähdesmäki
- Probabilistic modeling for biomedicine and personalised medicine, Professor Harri Lähdesmäki
- Mobile Computing and Systems, Professor Antti Ylä-Jääski, Dr. Matti Siekkinen
- Applicant must hold Ph.D and must have an excellent track record in scientific research in one or several fields relevant to the position.
- Applicant must possess good command over English is a necessary requirement.
- Applicant previous research and international experience, together with the substance, innovativeness, and feasibility of the research plan, and its relevance to the research group or groups in question will hold an important value while selection process.
- Efficient and successful completion of studies is considered an additional merit.
Application material and procedure:
- Applications to be submitted online
- Application must contain in single pdf document named as lastname_firstname_application_2016-09-30.pdf:
- Motivation letter including a tentative plan for the research work (1-5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Academic transcripts (doctoral studies) and degree certificate of the Doctoral degree
|Organization||Aalto University and University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Computer Science and Information Technology|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalites|
|Deadline||September 30, 2016|
For Further Details: Click