The Finnish Government offers Scholarship Pool programme for A.Y. 2020/2021. The programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship pool is for Doctoral studies/research.
- Republic of Korea
- Applicant must have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying
- Applicant must have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree before applying
- Applicant must intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- Applicant must not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- Applicant must be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
- Applicant must be a national of one of the eligible countries.
- Monthly allowance: EUR 1500.
Scholarship duration: 3-9 months
How & When to Apply:
- Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding to be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country.
- The announcements for the opening of the annual application round are sent out from the Finnish National Agency for Education at the end of September annually.
- Annual deadline is in mid-February (in 2020: 15th February)
Documents required for an application:
- Completed and signed application form
- Copies of latest diplomas
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- Invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- Language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English)
|Organization||Finnish National Agency for Education|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||EUR 1500/month|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|
|Deadline||15th February (every year)|
- Name of Organisation Field Value