In the field of Fish population genetics/genomics, The National Institute for Aquatic Resources, DTU Aqua, offers 3 year postdoctoral fellowship. The successful fellow will be working at DTU Aqua’s location in Silkeborg, Jutland
Fisheries Genetics major research aim is on to use molecular genetics tools to solve problems in fisheries science and to add to long term sustainable management of marine resources and biodiversity. The project is multidisciplinary ranges from basic science to projects directed at providing precise management recommendation, and most projects include both basic and applied aspects.
- Genomic analysis of scales and otoliths (archived material) from marine and anadromous fishes.
- Improvement of genomic resources and description of population structure in key viable marine species.
- Fisheries genetics, applying genetic tools to provide advice on significant fisheries management questions.
- A key crosscutting subject will be application of reduced representation sequencing (RAD sequencing and DNA capture) and associated bioinformatics analysis.
Fish population genetics/genomics project’s Qualifications and Requirements:
- Postdoctoral level researchers with knowledge in population genetics/genomics.
- Candidate with some experience in bioinformatics in relation to handling and analysing genomic data.
- The aspirant will be shortlisted based on earlier scientific track record and qualifications of relevance to the described projects.
- Aspirants should have a PhD degree or equivalent.
- Starting date is flexible.
- Submit online application
- The file must include: motivating letter supporting the application, CV with publication list, grade transcripts, and letters of recommendation (2).
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
|Subject areas||Genetics, Biology, Fisheries Science|
|Eligibility||PhD/open for international students|
|Deadline||01 June 2016|
For Further information contact the Population Genetics research coordinator, Professor Einar Eg Nielsen; e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +45 3588 3115