Freie Universität Berlin / Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School of Literary Studies invites applications for the Summer School. The theme of the Summer school is “Genre Trouble – Poetics and Politics of Genres”. The program will focus on the complexities, contradictions and the heuristic value of literary conceptualizations of genre. Constellations of genre and nation, genre and gender, and genre and class are also relevant in this context.
Duration: 22 July to 29 July 2018
Location: Freie Universität Berlin, Habelschwerdter Allee 45
Number of places: max. 30 people
- The applications are invited from international doctoral students, postdocs and advanced MA students in literary studies and the humanities who are engaging with questions and conceptualizations of genre as a central part of their research projects.
- The working languages are German and English.
- Participants are invited to present their own projects during the Summer School.
Participating experts: Federico Italiano (Munich), Paul Keckeis (Vienna), Werner Michler (Salzburg), Wolfgang Müller-Funk (Vienna), Irina Rajewsky (Bochum), Alexandra Richter (Rouen), Ulrike Schneider (Berlin), Nicole Sütterlin (Cambridge/ Harvard University), Wilhelm Voßkamp (Cologne), Rüdiger Zymner (Wuppertal), u.a.
Costs involved: a € 200 fee; the costs for travel and accommodation will be covered by the Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School for Literary Studies
- Application to be submitted via email in one PDF file (in German or English) to Jeanette Kördel, firstname.lastname@example.org with following documents:
- CV (tabular, 1 – 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation (1 – 2 pages) including positioning statement – in what ways does your project relate to the question of genre? And description of your interests in and expectations of the Summer School.
|Organization||Freie Universität Berlin|
|Fellowship Level||Summer School|
|Subject areas||Humanities, literary studies|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2018|