Maastricht University Friends Scholarship at Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is open for students of Media Culture, Arts, Literature and Society, Politics and Society. Friends scholarship of Maastricht University (UM) is an program of the University Fund Limburg/SWOL. The University Fund asks for private funding to permit talented international students to follow Master’s program at Maastricht University.
Friends scholarship provides an prospect to experience the Problem based learning educational model at UM, but also provides the scholarship beneficiary the chance to learn from other cultures by becoming a part of UM’s international academic society.
Friends Scholarship is supported by following companies: Bouwbedrijf J.G. Meersmans, R&D Group Vitak and Valid Business IT Services B.V.
- Young talented students of Master Media Culture, the Master Art, Literature and Society or the Master Politics and Society.
- Note: Applicants should hold a passport from Bulgaria, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Croatia or Czech Republic.
Friends Scholarship Funds:
The scholarship is intended to be a contribution in the tuition and a contribution in the living expenses for the duration of the Master’s program at the university for maximum 1 year. The duration of the scholarship starts and ends at the dates mentioned in the appointment letter.
Scholarship funds for year 2016-2017
Insurance € 500
Tuition fee € 1.951
Monthly Allowance € 400
All the above funds are arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office
- Download the application form from the website.
- Complete Master’s application with all required documents including English proficiency test result and Friends application form.
- Note: Include your scholarship application in Master’s application and upload the document in the category ‘Apply for Scholarship’ in My UM.
Criteria for Selection:
- Level of previous study program
- Academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution
- Connection with the prior study program
- Future career plans
|Fellowship Level||Master’s Scholarship|
|Subject areas||Arts and Social Sciences|