US and India launched a U.S.-India Climate Fellowship Program in September 2014 to build long-term capacity to address climate change-related issues.
This program is further promoting mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States of America and the Republic of India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars and professionals from both countries related to climate research and education through the launch of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship.
The U.S.-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) administers the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships are offered for:
- Doctoral Research (Ph.D.): These fellowships are intended for Indian scholars who are registered for a PhD. at an Indian institution and these fellowships are for six to nine months.
- Postdoctoral Research: These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India.
In addition to the General Conditions:
- Candidates should have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Candidates must be registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution at least one year prior to August 1, 2018. In your online application form, one of the referees should be your Ph.D. supervisor. S/he should comment on your research work and the usefulness of the fellowship, and indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic;
- This funding is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/Ph.D. thesis. Therefore, a candidate’s expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should not be earlier than three months after his/her grant end date.
- If employed, candidates should follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form”. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- Applicants should upload a ‘writing sample’ such as a copy of an article or paper published/presented or extracts from the Master’s/M.Phil. thesis in the online application form.
Note: These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees or those at the final stage of Ph.D. thesis submission will not be considered.
How to Apply
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research
- Applications must be submitted online at: see below
- Please carefully review the Application Instructions before starting your online application.
- Please refer to the Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
- Applicant Annexure
- Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable)
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
Timeline and Placement Process
Plagiarism in the application or any publications will lead to disqualification.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Grant extensions and/or transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
Detail informations (See below)
- Name of Organisation Field Value