Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair Research Scholarships: Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair Research Scholarships
The Fulbright commission in India is delighted to announce the opening of the Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair (All Disciplines) Research Scholarships academic years.
These scholarships are available to Indian students to pursue research in South and Central Asia.
The aim of the Fulbright Program is to expand and strengthen relationships between the people of the United States and citizens of other nations and also to promote international understanding and cooperation.
The Fulbright-Nehru Program offers the largest number of grants worldwide.
Level of Study: These scholarships are available to pursue teaching/research program
Subject Area: These scholarships are awarded in area of specialization.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- $5,000 per month
- Additional living allowance of $200 per month per dependent, up to a maximum of three dependents who accompany the grantee for at least 80 percent of the grant period.
- Grantees are responsible for arranging their own housing, but support will be provided by USIEF and the host institution.
ESTIMATED TRAVEL AND RELOCATION ALLOWANCE
- Round-trip international travel for grantee and up to maximum for two dependents.
- One-time baggage allowance of $350.
ESTIMATED BOOK AND RESEARCH ALLOWANCE
- A one-time teaching/research allowance of up to $750 provided on a reimbursable basis for specific allowable expenses.
DEPENDENT TUITION ALLOWANCE
- Up to $5,000 per child or $10,000 per family for accompanying dependent children in grades K-12 on reimbursement basis.
Numbers of Scholarships: 2 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in South and Central Asia
- Applicants must have Ph.D. (or other terminal degree).
- The applicants must identify appropriate host institutions for their projects but should not correspond with them before applying.
- Applicants who have been in touch with potential host institutions should include any correspondence in the application, such as letters of invitation or expressions of interest.
- The language proficiency self-evaluation and language proficiency external evaluation are not required. For teaching, all instruction is in English.
- Appropriate placements will be arranged for selectees.
- Applicants wishing to be affiliated at an institution outside major metropolitan areas are encouraged to indicate this in their applications.
- According to government of India guidelines, each scholar will be officially affiliated with a recognized Indian university/institution for their project and will be guided or assisted by an academic supervisor. Therefore, USIEF will confirm final affiliations for candidates awarded Fulbright-Nehru grants. This is part of the official clearance and visa process.
- Although academic calendars vary across institutions, Fulbright-Nehru teaching scholars have historically arrived in India in either July/August or in January. Applicants are encouraged to inquire about the ideal grant dates for the host institution when requesting an invitation letter.
Nationality: Applicants of India can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online.
Project Statement: the project statement should be 3 to 5 pages in total
Application Deadline: September Yearly
|Organization||The Fulbright commission in India|
|Fellowship Level||teaching/research program|
|Country||South and Central Asia|
|Subject Areas||Area of specialization|
|Fellowship Amount||Listed above|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
- Name of Organisation Field Value