The International Nuremberg Principles Academy popularly known as Nuremberg Academy is dedicated to the promotion and enhancement of international criminal justice and human rights.
The International Nuremberg Principles Academy is delighted to invite applications to the 2019 edition of the Nuremberg Summer Academy for Young Professionals.
The program would be taking place in Nuremberg, Germany. Nuremberg is the birthplace of modern international criminal law.
Duration of the program: 5th to 16th August 2019
Eligible participants: The participants will include young prosecutors, judges, magistrates and academics, from different conflict and post-conflict countries.
The Nuremberg Academy supports the fight against international core crimes such as:
- crimes against humanity
- war crimes and
- the crime of aggression
The aim of the academy is to strengthen institutions at the national level to investigate and prosecute international crimes.
Level of Study: This summer academy programme is available to young professionals.
Subject Areas: international criminal law
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship would cover:
- all costs including visa expenses
- travel insurance
- full board and lodging
- daily allowance
- field trips and
Nationality: International students
- The applicants should possess a good understanding of International Criminal Law and/or International Humanitarian Law
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience (prosecutors, judges, investigating magistrates) or be working on research projects or teaching in the field (academics).
- The individuals should have a Master degree in the relevant field
- Proficiency in spoken and written English would be highly recommended
How to apply:
Apply online and the required documents are:
- Complete applications
- A cover letter (2 pages maximum) and
- A detailed CV
|Quick Overview —————|
|Organization||International Nuremberg Principles Academy|
|Subject Areas||International criminal law|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|
|Deadline||15 April 2019|