Fully Funded PhD or Postdoctoral, Faculty of Science, UVA
PhD student or postdoctoral researcher on reinforcement learning with partial or inaccurate models at the Faculty of Science – Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam
You are expected:
- to invent, evaluate, and describe novel algorithm for reinforcement learning with partial or inaccurate models;
- to present research results at international conferences, workshops, and journals;
- to become an active member of the research community and to collaborate with other researchers, both within and outside the Informatics Institute.
PhD student applicants are additionally expected:
- to pursue, complete, and defend a PhD thesis within the appointed duration of four years;
- to assist in teaching activities, such as teaching labs and tutorials or supervising bachelor and master students.
Postdoctoral researchers are additionally expected:
- to show independence in achieving research goals and collaborating with PhD students and researchers;
- to contribute to teaching activities, such as lectures, lab courses, or supervising bachelor and master students.
Qualifications / Requirements
- have a Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a closely related field;
- have a strong background in one or more of reinforcement learning, machine learning, and deep learning;
- are eager to tackle scientific problems in the area of reinforcement learning;
- are able to implement and evaluate learning algorithms, e.g. using Python deep learning toolkits;
- are able to work well in teams and communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
PhD students are additionally required to:
- possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a closely related field.
Postdoc researchers are additionally required to:
- possess a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, or a closely related field;
- be able to invent and evaluate novel algorithm, and present these orally and in writing;
- have a record of publishing in relevant high-quality conferences or journals in the above fields.
For candidates for the PhD student position: The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,325 to €2,972 (scale P) gross per month, based on full-time employment (38 hours a week).
|Designation PhD or postdoctoral researcher|
|Organization||University of Amsterda|
|Level of education||PhD|
|Hours||38 hours per week|
|Salary indication||€2,325 to €4,274 gross per month|
|Level||Bachelor’s or Master|