Fully Funded PhD Scholarship: Netherlands: Fully Funded PhD Scholarship: Netherlands
The University of Groningen an internationally acclaimed university is a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education. It aims at offering high-quality teaching and research education for its students.
The University is delighted to offer fully funded PhD programme Energy and Sustainability Research Institute of the University of Groningen, Netherlands.
Duration of the program: 4-years
Subject Area: Energy and Environmental Studies: energy-complexity nexus.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Level of Study: PhD program
- The PhD Scholarship student will participate in the Graduate School of Science training programme for PhD students and will be required to charter a personal training and supervision plan together with his or her supervisor.
- A progress monitoring scheme would also be provided by The Graduate School to ensure an efficient PhD trajectory resulting in a PhD thesis within 4 years.
- The Scholarships will be awarded in the group of Dr. Franco Ruzzenenti, in the area of Energy and Industry Network Dynamics at the Energy and Environmental Sciences group, embedded in the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute of the University of Groningen, Netherlands.
Scholarship Value: € 2,099 per month (gross) for the duration of the program
- The applicant should be a BSc in Physics and an MSc degree in related subject.
- The candidate must be a self-motivated person with a strong interest in the energy-environmental issue
- The academic background of the applicant if in physics of complex systems or statistical physics would serve as an added advantage.
- A good command over spoken and written English would be required.
How to apply: The mode of application is online.
Documents required: The applicant would be required to upload the complete application in English as a single PDF-file. The file should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter introducing the applicant, describing the motivation tom take up the scholarship and qualifications
- A detailed CV with academic track record including publications and presentations done by the candidate
- Copy of the passport
- A certified copy or scan of the MSc diploma or equivalent
- If the applicant is unable to provide the copy of MSc diploma he/she should provide a certified University letter stating when the graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project
- Academic transcripts and Proof of efficiency in English if English is not the first language
- Names and contact details of 2 academic references
- A research idea of not more than 500 words.
- After the initial selection process is completed the top candidates will be invited to independently write a research proposal of no more than 2 pages in the context of the indicated research direction as listed above.
Application Deadline: 30th of August 2018
|Organization||University of Groningen|
|Subject Areas||Illustrated above|
|Fellowship Amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||Open for international candidates|
|Deadline||30th August 2018|
- Name of Organisation Field Value