Geddes Scholarship by Sanskriti Foundation calls for applications for the study of the methodology and principles of Geddes town planning from students of planning and architecture/young professionals.
Sanskriti has also extended the scope by including other institutions, like schools who would be interested in explaining school children at a time when they are reading history and social sciences. By way of a School Project, integrating Geddes’ ideas, children will be introduced to the concepts of architecture and town planning. This scholarship will provide an opportunity to create awareness among young planners and architects of Geddes’ principle of ‘place, work, and folk’.
- Scholarship is open to Indian Nationals
- Age group: 20 to 30.
- Applicant must be student of planning and architecture at a graduate, postgraduate, research level from a recognized university or institution and /or young practicing professionals.
- Applicants can be an individual or can be a collaborative work of a group of individuals.
Terms and Conditions:
- Duration of the scholarship: 6 months.
- Amount of scholarship: Rs. 45,000. This will be paid in two phases; the Ist installment at the beginning of the scholarship and the 2nd installment after the submission of the complete project report.
- Three months after the commencing of the work, an interim report must be submitted to the coordinator.
- Report will be circulated to the Committee who may offer comments to the researcher to consider.
- Final report will also be studied by the committee and any changes required can be assimilated.
- On the completion of the study the candidate may be invited to present the findings in a seminar in Delhi.
How to Apply
- CV (2 pages) with full postal and telephone number details with E-mail should be submitted to enable contact.
- Research proposal (proposal can also focus on a section of the city/mohalla)- 1500 words
- Appendix of the reports, websites browsed must supplement the proposal.
- 2 references with names and contact addresses/telephones must also be sent.
- Application must bear the title ‘Sanskriti–Geddes Scholarship ’ on the envelope if sent by post on head office address and in the subject line if e-mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s, Master’s, Researcher|
|Subject areas||Architecture, Planning|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 45,000|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|