The Georg Forster Research Award is awarded in appreciation of a researcher’s entire achievements to date to academics of all disciplines whose important discoveries, new theories, or insights have had a noteworthy impact on their own discipline and beyond and who are anticipated to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
- Nominees must be citizens of a developing or transition country (excluding People’s Republic of China and India).
- The nominee’s exceptional academic qualifications must be internationally recognized and documented by analogous successes in research, such as positively received academic periodicals or previous awards
- At the time of nomination, they must have had their main stay and place of work in one of these countries for at least 5 years.
- If the research outline includes aspects that are important for the continued development of the country or region of origin and if applicant wish to contribute to the exchange of knowledge and methods between Germany and their country of origin.
- Total award value €60,000 with additional grant of up to €25,000, particularly for participating in scientific conferences, additional material resources.
- Start date is flexible and for experienced researchers, the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays is also available.
- individual supervision during the sponsorship period
- German language course for fellows and their spouse before the beginning of the fellowship
- additional financial support for accompanying family members and items like travel expenses and comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
Number of fellowships: 6
How to apply:
- apply online
|Organization||Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/ Foundation|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Varies according to the experience|
|Eligibility||Open for applicants from developing nations|
|Deadline||The next nomination round is scheduled to begin in summer 2022|
- Total Jobs 9 Jobs
- Address Germany