The Geraldine Grace and Maurice Alvin McWatters Visiting Fellowship is dedicated to nurture, encourage, and support original archival research by scholars, authors, or artists in the collections located at Queen’s University Archives.
Fellowship value: $4,000 meant for living, travel or research expenses of researchers
- Applicants must submit a completed application form
- Short project description ((1-3 pages)
- One professional reference with name and contact coordinates.
- Project proposal must include an account of how the applicant intends to use archival materials located in Queen’s University Archives and the other sources of funding the applicant has, or will receive, to support this project.
- Applicants whose research plan makes maximum use of Queen’s University Archives will be given preference.
Terms and conditions:
- Fellowships are awarded to individuals; institutions are not eligible to apply.
- The fund does not support research at other institutions, and it does not provide general tuition support.
- Selected fellows must start their research at Queen’s University Archives within one year of being selected for the award
- Selected candidates are expected to be in residence for the Fellowship duration, generally one month, and are expected to devote full time to their research projects.
- Successful candidates will not be associated with Queen’s University, nor reside in the City of Kingston.
- Recipients will be asked to participate in campus and community activities where appropriate, and may be asked to give a public face to the fellowship and their research during their time here.
- The Visiting Fellowship must be acknowledged in works emanating from research accomplished through the Geraldine Grace and Maurice Alvin McWatters Visiting Fellowship.
- Successful applicants will not be eligible for a second Fellowship for a period of at least one year following their first Fellowship.
- Visiting Fellowship recipients are requested to submit a short report on their research to the University Archivist, within two months of completion.
Paul Banfield, University Archivist
Queen’s University Archives
Kathleen Ryan Hall
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||7 sep 2019|
For Further Details: Click