A 2-year PhD position is available in Department of Biology at Ghent University. The project is associated to the JPI Oceans funded project “Direct and indirect eco-toxicological impacts of micro-plastics on marine organisms (PLASTOX)”. The recipient will be based at Ghent University (Belgium), in the Research Group of Marine Biology and the group is headed by Dr. Carl Van Colen and Prof. Tom Moens.
Doctoral student will carry out field-based and experimental lab research to attain a detailed understanding on the factors affecting micro-plastic uptake in coastal benthic invertebrates and the potential of micro-plastic transfer between trophic levels, as well as on the subsequent impacts this may have on population fitness.
- Applicant must hold Master in Science or Bioscience Engineering (within the field of Biology, Ecotoxicology) or equivalent.
- Applicant must be keen in experimental work and in food web ecology.
- Applicant must be open, collaborative and with flexible attitude.
- Applicant must be prepared to take initiative, but also to work in close association with other team members.
- Applicant must be ready to apply for alternative funding opportunities so as to extend the duration of the position.
- Applicant must participate in sampling campaigns in salt marshes and at sea; take part in (inter)national conferences, symposia and workshops.
How to apply:
- Applications to be submitted via e-mail to Carl Van Colen (email@example.com) with reference “PLASTOX” before 16 September 2016. Along with the application following documents are required:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae (grades should clearly be mentioned in CV and/or diploma)
- Copy of UG and PG Degree diploma
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in Ghent (or through skype) on 26 September 2016.
|Subject areas||Biology, Bioscience Engineering, Ecotoxicology|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||16 September 2016|
For Further Details: Click