Universität Duisburg-Essen offers Global and Transnational Sociology Summer School 2018. The Summer School is part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Institute of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen, and supported by strong research activities of the faculty in comparative, global and transnational sociology. Professors teaching at the summer school are also members of the Institute of Work, Skills and Training, and the Institute of East Asian Studies.
About the Summer school:
- The program is divided into two blocks.
- Each block will be two weeks long.
- Within each block student can choose from one of two offered classes.
- Block I: (June 11-22): Transnational Social Movements, Protest Dynamics and Social Change: Dr. des. Ana Carolina Alfinito Vieira and China’s Globalization: Discussing the Border and the Community: Prof. Dr. Flemming Christiansen
- Block II: (June 25 – July 6): The global corporate elite and its opposition: networks of power and resistance: Prof. William Carroll, PhD and Digitization of work and industry: Comparing national industrial policies and corporate initiatives: Prof. Dr. Frank Kleemann
- Students will be able to earn up to 12 ECTS (Credits may differ, depending on your home institution)
- Applicants are required to simply fill out the application form and email it to Lucia Bonikowski at email@example.com along with transcript of records and a passport-sized photo. Additionally you will need to send the documents via post.
|Fellowship Level||Summer school|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April, 4 2018|