The Google News Initiative & European Journalism Centre is offering Google News Initiative (GNI) Fellowship connects students and recent graduates who want to explore the intersection between journalism and technology with news organisations.
About the fellowship:
- The successful candidates will kick off their careers in the news industry by spending 8 weeks in summer working with experts in newsrooms and creating a professional network.
- 50 exciting fellowship placements across 14 countries are being offered.
- The GNI Fellowship is funded by the Google News Initiative and is also available worldwide.
- Candidate must be enrolled in or accepted for an accredited higher education institution in the same country as the newsroom of choice; or if he/she is from or currently living in the country where the newsroom is based.
- This includes graduate, master, and PhD students, as well as students pursuing technical or professional certificates.
- Applicants may submit only one application in the country in which he/she currently studying, living or where the candidate is from. In the application form, candidate will also have the option of indicating a second and third preferred option, in case of not being selected by your main newsroom of choice
- Both full-time and part-time students are accepted, as long as the candidate is enrolled or accepted in an accredited higher education institution in 2020.
- Recent graduates who finished their studies in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must be legally allowed to work in the country where you apply.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older
- Submit application via the online form including CV, work samples, references and motivation.
|Organization||Google News Initiative & European Journalism Centre|
|Subject areas||Media, Journalism|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 March 2020|