Google Travel and Conference Grants
Google believes in diversity of attributes and experiences are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology. The program help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in the field of computer science from attending leading tech conferences.
Grants are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology (including, but not limited to, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, persons with disabilities, women and veterans), in Europe for women in technology, in India and in Africa for students who have their research papers accepted at top-tier conferences in Computer Science and any related areas.
Japan and South Korea
- Grant eligibility varies by region
- Grants will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review.
- Every applicant will be notified of their status according to the time frames specified for the region.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration;
- North America: A 500 USD reimbursement to retroactively be used toward airfare and accommodation costs;
- Europe: Up to 1000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs;
- India: An award in the range of 1000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses;
- Africa: An award in the range of 1000 to 3000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Japan and South Korea: Up to 3000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost.
- Grant amount depends on cost for the international conference.
HOW TO APPLY?
The application procedure varies by region. To apply visit the links for each region:
- North America
- Japan and South Korea
Deadline: Varies by the conferences available
|Fellowship Level||Travel and Conference|
|Subject Areas||Computational sciences and related fields|
|Eligibility||Open for North America Europe, India
Africa, Japan and South Korea