The Postdoctoral Research Program (PRP) is an international and horizontal program that provides promising new scientists access to unique world-class facilities across Canada and the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects of critical importance to Canada.
Partnering Federal Government Organizations
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Role and responsibilities:
- Conduct research that contributes to improvements in theories and/or techniques through the innovation or modification of concepts, theories, and approaches and/or new solutions.
- Plan, organize, conduct and control research projects and/or field work under guidance.
- Conceive, carry out, and report on research and development projects and/or field work with guidance.
- Responsible for carrying out research for decisions affecting own research, and the integrity of data and their analysis.
- Write and publish papers and reports documenting and interpreting results of research.
- Contribute to expert-reviewed research publications.
- Represent own research in meetings/events and discussing research outcomes. Attend workshops and/or conferences and present paper(s) on own research.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Candidates whose doctoral degree (obtained within the last three (3) years) is not in a field of natural sciences can also be considered for the Postdoctoral Research Program if they have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field, coupled with acceptable research, training and experience.
- Experience in planning and conducting research.
- Experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Applications are open to Canadians and non-Canadians. Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Apply online and the candidate would be asked to provide contact details, education information (undergraduate, master’s and doctorate degrees) as well as to answer screening questions regarding previous professional experience. Following documents will be required to upload:
- Cover letter (additional/optional)
- Academic diplomas (additional/optional)
- Official language results (additional/optional)
- Certifications (additional/optional)
- Foreign education credentials assessments (additional/optional)
- References (additional/optional)
|Organization||Government of Canada|
|Subject areas||Natural Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
#More info on positions in Canada
- Total Jobs 621 Jobs
- Address India