Applications are invited for admission to Graduate School of Science and Technology (GSST) at Aarhus University. The present call is aimed at students starting 1 November 2019 or later. The call is based on applicants with an academic record corresponding to at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Animal Science
- Computer Science – incl. Bioinformatics at BiRC
- Environmental Science
- Food Science incl. Horticulture
- Molecular Biology and Genetics incl. Molecular Medicine
- Physics and Astronomy
List of predefined PhD project positions:
- Identifying biophysical drivers of soil resilience across climate zones
- Development of a pig model of colitis-complex diarrhea with focus on colonic microbial fermentation
- Robust weaning practice for piglets
- The effects of Skjern River Basin nature restoration and emerging oligotrophication processes in Ringkøbing Fjord on habitats, trophic guilds, birds, fish and ecosystem services
- Exploring patterns and processes in shallow lakes greenhouse gas dynamics in response to eutrophication and climate change
- Hydrothermal liquefaction and analysis for wastewater sludge valorization and immobilization
- PhD students for Center for Basic Research in Program Verification
- Parallel Synthesis Algorithms for Concurrent Software Systems
- Data-driven Inter-Stock Predictive Analytics (DISPA)
- Programmable Synthesis of Designer Lipids for Continuous Liquid Interface (3D) Printing
- Novel Surface NMR Methodology
- Quantum Photonic Integrated Circuit Platform
- Electrospun 3D Nano-biointerfaces for non-invasive stimulation of excitable cells
- Remotely sensed mapping of water table levels and humidity on Danish organic soils
Food Science: No specific projects
Geoscience: No specific projects
Mathematics: No specific projects
Molecular Biology and Genetics: No specific projects
- In-vivo nanobioelectrodes for intracellular analysis of biofilm development and degradation
- Anti-microbial biofilm breaking systems based on encapsulated inhibitors and enzymes
- Surface Science Studies of Heterogeneous Catalysts for Higher Alcohol Synthesis from Renewable Sources
Physics and Astronomy:
- Integrated optical sensors with nanostructured trampolines
- Decays of very proton-rich nuclei
Apply online and provide the following information with the application:
- Personal information
- Academic background: diplomas and transcripts for all relevant, credit-bearing qualification(s), such as Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Please note, that even if you have started/finished Master’s degree programme, the transcripts and diploma of your Bachelor’s degree must still be included in the application.
- Grade point average – the weighted and unweighted grade point average of your academic degrees.
- Admission – information on desired starting date, credit transfer, etc.
- Language skills
- Financing: indicate sources and amounts of possible financial support, if any.
- Plan of study (from predefined open call project).
- Project description for open calls (½-4 pages) – describe ideas and research plans for project.
- References (min. 1): the reference may either be uploaded by the candidate or ask the referee to send it directly to GSST via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Motivation (max. 1 page)
Agroecology, Animal Science, Bioscience, Chemistry, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Environmental Science, Food Science (Horticulture), Geoscience, Mathematics, Molecular Biology and Genetics (Molecular Medicine), Nanoscience, Physics and Astronomy
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st Feb, 1st May, 1st Aug, 1st November|