Guest Program for international Ph.D. Students of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI-MP)
The Guest Program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology (institute) enables scholars from abroad to use the institute’s resources.
The Institute provides scholarships for Ph.D. students from abroad, who have commenced their research in an area that is suitable to the work undertaken by the Institute.
Junior Ph.D. Scholarships are open to Ph.D. students from abroad at the beginning of their dissertation process, affording them the opportunity to plan and conceptualize a dissertation project at the Institute within the context of the existing Research Fields and over a period of two to six months.
Senior Ph.D. Scholarships run for one to six months and are intended for well-advanced Ph.D. students from abroad seeking close working contact with a researcher from the Institute in order to profit from their expertise with respect to sources, debates, methodology, and theoretical approaches.
All Guests are expected to actively participate in the Institute’s activities. Depending on the duration of the stay, this may include
- Attending academic events at the Institute,
- Presenting the project at an internal meeting or as a public lecture,
- Writing a research paper, which may appear in one of the MPI-MP publication series.
- Doctoral students can apply for a Junior Ph.D. Scholarship at any time, at least three months prior to their planned stay. Applicants should indicate the preferred duration of their visit (two to six months). Applications must be submitted in PDF format through e-mail to the preferred department and include the applicant’s CV, an outline of the planned research project, a cover letter, and a reference from a qualified academic referee.
2. Senior Ph.D. Scholarships require a favorable evaluation by an MPI scientist who agrees to mentor the applicant over the course of the one- to six-month stay. Applications for Senior Ph.D. Scholarships must include the applicant’s CV, an outline of the research project, and the claim form. All documents must be submitted in PDF format via e-mail no later than three months prior to the planned visit.
Fellowship: 1.365€ per month.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute|
|Subject areas||Molecular Plant Physiology|
|Fellowship amount||1.365 € per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all international students|
|Deadline||Until positions are filled|