Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University invites online application for admission to PhD Programme (2018-19) winter session in the discipline of Biotechnology, English, and Education in different University School of Studies (USS).
- Applicant must at least hold a Master’s Degree (M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech./M.Ed.) OR
- Applicant must hold post graduate degree approved by Association of Indian Universities/AICTE/ UGC/ NCTE/ or
- Applicant must hold any other equivalent qualification in the relevant field with not less than 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST and persons with disability, or as prescribed by UGC from time to time).
- Applicant must appear in a written entrance exam conducted by the University. Based on the performance in the written test, the list of candidates shortlisted by the Ph.D. admission committee to appear in the interview for admission to Ph.D. shall be displayed on the University website by the Dean of the concerned School.
- Applicants who are a national level examination like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF/Lecturership, DBTJRF, ICMR-JRF, or equivalent fellowship qualified shall be considered to have qualified the University’s written test and can appear directly for interview.
- Applicants who have appeared in the above examinations but are awaiting results may also apply (they shall be required to produce a valid documentary evidence of having qualified the examination during the interview for Ph.D. admission).
- Applicants who have already initiated their fellowships in some other institutions and are interested to have their fellowships transferred to GGSIP University may also apply, provided the period of available fellowship is at least 4 years.
- International (Foreign nationals) students who possess the above mentioned educational qualifications, shall apply to the Director of International Affairs on a prescribed proforma, along with the application fee, translated and attested copies of certificates, passport and documents regarding curriculum and marks obtained in the qualifying exam, statement of purpose, research compatibility, financial support, language competency, etc.
- Perspective Research Candidate generally must be below 55 years of age on 27/01/2017 for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- A relaxation in the prescribed age beyond 55 years can, however, be recommended by the SRC/BOS with appropriate justification recorded and for final approval by the Vice Chancellor.
- The prevalent UGC guidelines regarding reservations for SC/ST/PwD/others will be followed.
- All the applicants will have to appear for Research Aptitude Test (RAT). RAT examination will comprise of two sections as follows:
- Section – I: 1 hr, General Aptitude Test (GAT), Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ); Section – II, 2 hr, Subject Specific Test (SST)
|Organization||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Life Science, English, Education|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 January 2017|
For Further Details: Click